BBA Course: Key Highlights
- BBA is a popular undergraduate course.
- Students from all three fields, i.e. Science, Commerce and Arts can pursue the course.
- A full-time BBA is a three-year course divided into six semesters.
- Admissions to BBA are provided on the basis of merit (50%)
- BBA can be pursued in full-time, part-time, correspondence or online modes of education. BBA full-time is the most popular among all.
- Students can pursue the BBA course after completing Class 12.
Students who wish to build a career in the management or business fields after Class 12, BBA is the perfect option. With the cut-throat competition in the business and corporate world, one needs to have strong leadership and managerial skills if one wishes to have a flourishing career in the field.
A student who pursues BBA after Class 12 will have a wide range of job opportunities available to him/her. BBA graduates can also opt for higher studies such as MBA to fast track their career in the management and business field.
Here are a few reasons why should one pursue BBA course:
- A stepping stone in the careers of students who wish to excel in the business and management world.
- Better career opportunities.
- Good salary.
- A better understanding of market requirements and various global trends that is required for different careers in this field.
- BBA course will impart the knowledge required to study further in the same field.
- Develop leadership, managerial, entrepreneurial and people skills.
BBA Eligibility Criteria and Entrance Exams
- Aspirants who have completed their Class 12 in any stream from a recognized educational board or university can pursue BBA.
- The candidates must have attained a minimum of 35% aggregate and above in Class 12.
- In case a candidate has appeared for the Class 12 exam and is waiting for the result, s/he can also apply to the course.
What after BBA?
After completing BBA, candidates can join sectors like Finance, Sales, Marketing, Education and Govt jobs. Most of the candidates opt for MBA after completion of their BBAs. Master in Business Administration is a post graduation course.
It helps candidates in getting respectable management positions in various private sectors. The duration of MBA is two years. To secure a seat for yourself, you need to clear exams like CAT, XAT etc. You can pursue MBA in various courses like marketing, finance, HR and international business, which you can choose as per your interest.
Package for BBA Candidates:
Generally BBA candidates are offered a package of minimum three lakhs per annum.
BBA Syllabus and BBA Subjects
First Semester: Management Process & Organizational Behavior, Financial Accounting and Analysis, Principles of Banking, , C Programming, C Programming Lab, Tally, Digital Fluency
Second Semester: Business Mathematics, Cost Accounting, Principles of Insurance, Business Laws, Business Communication, Minor Project Report, Computer Applications, Computer Application Lab, Tally lab.
Third Semester: Quantitative Techniques, Marketing Management, Regular Framework of Insurance sector, Management Accounting, Business Environment, Environmental Science , Computer Applications, Computer Application Lab, Tally lab.
Fourth Semester: Management of Commercial Banks, Business Ethics & Corporate Social Responsibility, Banking Law and Practice, Financial Management, Research Methodology, Research Methodology Lab, Managerial Skill Development.
Fifth Semester: Income Tax Law and Practice, Practice of Life Insurance, Human Resource Management, Marketing of Financial Products and Services, E-Commerce, E-Commerce Lab, Summer Training Report.
Sixth Semester: Project Management, Practice of General Insurance, Business Policy and Strategy, Information System and Management, Information System Management Lab, Goods & Services Tax (GST), Project Report.
|Theory (60 Marks)||Theory (60 Marks)|
|40 Marks Internal Assessment Marks|
Practical (50 Marks)
|40 Marks Semester-end Practical Examination|
|10 Marks Internal Assessment Marks|
Project Work (100 Marks)
|40 Marks Project Report|
|40 Marks VIVA VOCE|
|20 Marks Internal Assessment Marks|
To pass in each subject, a student should obtain a minimum 40%.